Friday, July 24, 2009

The Catch

And now... It's time for the catch. Don't let anyone tell you there isn't one coming, because there always is. We were 100 miles south of Oklahoma city when we heard the strangest sound.

I was sitting back relaxing because it wouldn't be my turn to drive for another hour or so. The sound, which awoke me from my daze, was a squeal which was audible above the sound of my headphones.

These things never do happen in a convenient place. I guess there really is no such thing as a convenient place to have car trouble. If there is one, this place was the polar opposite. We were in a construction zone and the highway had been limited to one lane going our direction.

Once we got beyond the construction zone, we pulled over to find that the rear tire was flat. If you have never changed a tire on the side of the road while trucks scream past you shaking the disabled car in question, you have never lived.

Now we are enjoying the experience of being in a small town in ok while trying to find performance tires. In my experience, the name was meant to be a joke. I have learned one thing... make that two.

If you ever experience a flat south of okc find a place called Beale's. Those guys can't be beat. Also, when you prepare your car for a trip and someone else insists that you take their car instead, make sure their maintenance is up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment