Saturday, July 4, 2009

I'm already trained

It has only been one day and the dogs have already got me trained. I fell asleep last night watching Citizen Kane with both dogs in bed with me. I awoke this morning to a strange sound. As I looked over the edge of the bed I saw Chipper and Sammy wrestling on the floor next to the bed. I got up and made sure they had food and water, and I gave them both a treat just like my folks instructed. It took a few minutes for me to realize that it was 6:30am probably the earliest I have been awake in months. Once I adjusted to the time, I had some cereal and shared some with them of course. As I sat in my father’s chair I realized that these two animals were now looking to me for a source of entertainment. There is something really funny that happens when you look around the room and see two dogs staring at you. I really love those two they are something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment