Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Real World

There are people in this world who will try and steer you towards, "the real world". What these people are referring to is the illusion or collection of myths that they have ascribed to create their daily life, which they find to be depressing and disheartening. These people should be avoided at all costs. They are referring to this false state of reality that they themselves have created and refer to as real because they are jealous of the path that you have taken. These people want to see you feeling just as miserable and desperate as they are, and they won't be happy until you feel just as sorrowful as they have become. When someone refers to the "real world" you should hold your head up high as you have just received the greatest compliment one can receive. That person just told you that they wish that they could live your life.

2 comments:

  1. i have a really big feeling that this is why i don't have much contact, make that any contact, with my grandparents... i don't feel that i've ascribed to what they perceive to be successful -> i've no real job, no family and am not even close to it, no real education and nothing really to make them feel proud of me. the only way they could be proud of me is if they knew me and knew that i'm at least, for the most part, a very happy person and thoroughly enjoy every wonderful and horrible bit of life thrown at me. but that part of me can really only come from daily contact and that's just not happening... because the best part about a person is who they are and not what they do, and i feel like a failure because i don't do anything, not anything they'd understand. even though i know i'm not a failure, i've just made some decisions, beginning with many that were supposed to put me on the typical college, marriage, kids path, but quickly realized that wasn't for me, and most likely will never be for me, so i continue to make decisions, good and bad, in order to find where i belong in this world, always wondering why i feel the need to belong, and it all comes down to the pounding of the "really real world" into my prepubescent brain - and if any of that made sense, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off I would like to apologize that I didn't see this until just now. Secondly, I would like to say that I am proud of you Skye! You are your own person, and those of us that know you wouldn't want you to be anyone else.

    ReplyDelete