Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Austin doesn’t like my Xterra

The day I purchased my X I got a nick in the windshield. I should have known that it was a signal of what was to come. While driving down mopac one day, I hit a vulture. That became the week of birds. Before the week was to end I struck two more birds.

Moving on from the “acts of god” last week someone decided that my car wasn’t fast enough. That is the explanation that I am sticking with. To help me out they decided to improve my vehicle with speed scratches. For those of you who are unfamiliar with speed customization google the Simpsons and speed holes. I can’t tell if the scratch is working or not, but I’m pretty sure that if I was to punch the gas I would be able to tell the difference in acceleration now that I have a rather long scratch down the passenger side of my vehicle.

Just moments ago, my car received it’s most recent attack. A Pizza Hut delivery guy on Capital of TX highway in a small red hatchback decided that my vehicle would be much improved if it had a new windshield. To make sure that he got his point across, he cut me off and in the process threw the tiniest pebble up in the air. The reaction from my windshield was swift and unwelcome. I now have a 6in crack in my windshield. Thanks Pizza Hut!

5 comments:

  1. Immediately after posting this, the 6 in. crack grew to 15 inches. Since it was now over the legal limit for a crack in the windshield, I had to purchase a new windshield! Thanks Pizza Hut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I just got my top slashed! At least I was able to file a police report and I have insurance. Cars suck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel free to crash on my futon if you're in Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Does Google AdSense have to rub it in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed it. What was Google trying to sell?

    ReplyDelete