Thursday, April 15, 2010

I am rediscovering my happy place

For the last few weeks I have been out of sorts. I have been frustrated, tired, and just not myself. I wake up in the middle of the night with stomach pains, and I'm stressed out all of the time. Inwas convinced that the stress was due to work, but recent developments have made me doubt work as the source. Drifting is hard on the mind, and by working out possible plans I have combatted the fatigue associated with my lifestyle.

It has gotten so bad that today I actually felt myself turn the corner. I stepped out of the office on the way to lunch and I felt a warmth crawl through me. A smile spread across my face and I felt at peace. What has caused this change? Action. I have been worried about what-ifs and when's so much that I forgot to pay attention to the now.

Lunch wasn't perfect, but it was better than the perfect lunch I had on Tuesday, if only because I have remembered that everything comes and goes. I can still feel the tension now, but it is better knowing that it isn't going to last.

No comments:

Post a Comment