Friday, April 16, 2010

I'm always at my best...

when I'm alone. Solitude gives my mind time to reflect. I love people, and I love their company but their moods are very contagious to me. If I'm laying around chilling with someone who isn't feeling my company, I feel it and I try to change the situation.

It's for this reason that I have become the peace keeper. I hate it when I'm surrounded by people that I perceive to be negative. It doesn't take much for me to get swept up and feel what they are feeling. This leads me to try to hard to make every moment as relaxed and stress free as possible.

To avoid swimming in a sea of negativity, I police my friendships. If someone is making me feel negative instead of positive, I spend less time around them. The funny part is that I have been called out on it before and in that moment I'm completely honest, which typically ends a friendship. Because that friend was bad for me it is not a major loss.

On the other hand, I feel that it is important to note how much my friends mean to me. I know that I can be self centered and egotistic at times. Hopefully all of you know that I can also be completely selfless and sacrifice much in other moments.

Here I sit in a chilis in huntsville tx scarfing down some food before I return to the campsite an meet a lot of sfa undergrads and all that I can think is that I am blessed. I have the best friends in the world. Even if we have lost touch, I guarantee you that you are important to me than you know.

I was just thinking of you and I wanted to tell you all that you are special.

No comments:

Post a Comment