Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What am I doing?

It's almost April and I'm looking back at where I was one year ago... I was about to graduate with my masters, working on a project focused on how to make acl fest even better than it already is. I was full of piss and vinegar, and I was gonna shake things up with my new social media startup on a shoestring budget.

Fast forward one year and you get a tired, frustrated man who hates his job and feels trapped in a small town. I miss my friends, and I miss the town that had become my home.

Today a coworker asked me, "why are you here?" and I didn't have a good answer. I wanted to mention my plan to pay off my vehicle, debt, etc. but all I could get out was, "I ask myself the same question everyday."

So, here we are one year later. I feel confused, and like I'm on the wrong path. While meditating on this thought, all that I could answer was that there is no wrong path, just life lessons you don't want to learn.

All of this has led me to the next question, "what's next?". To that I don't currently have an answer, but you can be sure that it will involve beaches, ocean, and a lot of sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. hey... you should come work with me, we could use a happy face and a smart marketing person! ... i mean it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get my resume to you tonight, but I swear you will have it this weekend. It just needs some tweaking.

    ReplyDelete