Sunday, March 14, 2010

I love the written word

I love books. I love letters. Nothing will give me more warmth than a surprise message, whether it be on my car or however it is delivered.

I worry that an unexpected consequence of our obsession with digital media is that we are losing impact. Is an email as personal as a letter? Does a postcard make you happier than a text? For me the answer to both is yes, however in this day and age distance can cause us to rely on these faster forms of communication.

Don't get me wrong. I love getting a text that says that others are thinking of me, and I send that message to others as well.

If you are completely lost, don't worry. This post is an attempt to convince myself that maybe, just maybe my words can be conveyed in a digital format without losing their intended impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment