Friday, September 4, 2009

A little kindness goes a long way

I just finished a very poorly timed trip. I was pulling into Austin at 5pm on a Friday afternoon during labor day weekend. Stupid, I know. Anyway as I exited the freeway for one last time I looked out into the traffic with disgust. I turned left and almost rear ended the car in front of me. As I quickly stopped I silently yelled fuck in my head. Apparently I mouthed it as well. Over the blaring music in my car I heard a voice. To be sure of myself I turned down the radio and looked to my side. The guy in the car next to me was saying, "it's ok!" in a reassuring tone. As I returned the smile he said, "there ya go!" I just want to say thanks to that stranger and remember that life always gives you what you need. Sometimes it's just some reassurance from a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment