Thursday, June 3, 2010

Single Life...

Over one year ago I had a realization. I had essentially just gone from relationship to relationship for years. I lived with a girl, and within a few weeks of moving out I had another girlfriend. I started wondering if there was something that I was missing. Some lesson that I needed to learn. In search of some further enlightenment, and a different outcome than what I had grown accustomed to, I decided not to date for a year.

The year was up in March, and my first thought is that I have become more difficult to deal with than I was before. I think that the lesson that I learned was to limit my compromises. I was a very flexible person before, and although I am still an easy going person, I don't compromise like I used to. I have really enjoyed being alone for the first time in my life. The byproduct is that I have become more self-centered and less focused on others.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good thing. You can't do anything for anyone else until you take care of yourself. Give of your cup only what is overflowing.

    ReplyDelete